Mochila software developers are responsible for the design and implementation of logistics algorithms spanning the fields of order fulfillment, inventory planning, and transportation. Those algorithms must be able to scale to hundreds of thousands of transactions per day across hundreds of clients in a multi-node fulfillment network. Many of the problems we are tackling involve real-time, dynamic optimization.
This role offers the unique opportunity to make a large and immediate impact, as the software you write will be used to fulfill hundreds of thousands of customer orders while solving some of the most challenging and interesting problems in e-commerce logistics.
As an early hire for a rapidly growing e-commerce fulfillment start-up, your job will consist of the following duties:
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain software components to direct the receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of a wide variety of consumer goods. You will own the complete product development lifecycle for the work you do.
- Develop on all components of the Mochila platform, including: Web-based applications for clients, published APIs that allow clients to integrate with Mochila’s platform, third-party applications such as Shopify and other e-commerce software providers, web-based and android applications used by Mochila staff to manage inventory and fulfill orders.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications; create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software.
- Work across the full breadth and depth of technology for Mochila. This includes cloud infrastructure, databases, docker, rich web clients, backend services, android, REST APIs, WLANs, barcode scanners, and more.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or related field with significant demonstrated software development knowledge and/or experience.
- Experience developing software applications, particularly with a focus on the back end. Knowledge of Java and Scala preferred.
- The ability to design and implement algorithms across a variety of operating systems and hardware devices with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiasm, a desire to learn, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever needed.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats in a start-up environment – everything from software development to hardware administration.